Onsite: Atlanta. 120 hrs. onsite for whiteboarding, but wireframing was done remotly.
Work done: wireframing and UI/UX best practices
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
The UI/UX Designer will be responsible for ideating and creating digital experience that artfully unify customer needs with business goals.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their objectives and requirements
- Define strategies for our web properties that define the objectives and direction of the user experience
- Utilize research to understand the needs and desires of users and validate your designs
- Design and map the experience using journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, and other artifacts
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the Web and the fundamentals of information architecture
- Build and maintain team rapport with creative staff, account managers, and project managers
- Communicate ideas, concepts and user interface direction with peers and management
- Be a positive contributor to team environments
- Stay current on new user experience and design patterns and understand how they could positively impact the client’s online
- More than 3 years professional experience with user experience design for software interfaces
- Proven experience leading the design, architecting, and optimizing of websites and/or applications, especially consumer-facing
- and transactional-focused interfaces
- Degree in a relevant field (Human-Computer Interaction, information design, communications, etc.)
- Experience working in and leading teams the user experience design effort within agile design and development teams
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated, organized and accountable
- Must have portfolio samples of web design and UI/UX experience